Tuesday, October 26, 2010

PROCRASTINATION

TL;DR Skip to the end for the pictures.

I am a terrible procrastinator and I will tell you why. Sure I do the normal procrastinator things; I am up to date with my Lolcats, I know what everybody is doing on facebook, I am eating unnecessary amounts, I even did my tax. This worked for a while but I knew I'd have to get back to work eventually. So I took it up a notch and for 2 months I had a second job waitressing at an adult nightclub. I pretended I needed the money and well, I don't have time to do my drawing if I'm working two jobs right? RIGHT! Mission accomplished!
I was completely burnt out to a crisp by the two month mark. 5AM finishes + painful high-heeled shoes (with the clear heel and all) just really took it out of me. Some of it was fun but for the most part it was all a bit creepy and gross.

So what now. It took me a couple of weeks to recover back to my normal ridiculously cheerful self but after that, there was nowhere to go except *GASP* back to my artwork.

And then I somehow stepped up to the plate and spent quite a lot of hours on it. And I LOVED it. Whenever I actually do some work I remember how much I enjoy it and I wonder why I procrastinated so much.

And now I'm procrastinating again. I look at other people's artwork and think "gee I wish I could do something special like that" But I am writing this to remind myself that I AM doing something special.



Concept art for the animation look and feel.



Very early concepts for the main character.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome to see you getting back into drawing! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete